The Newfoundland and Labrador Ball Hockey Association is proud to announce we are currently accepting applications for our 2018 Hall of Fame Life-time Achievement and Volunteer of the Year awards.
Life-time Achievement Application
As a volunteer- driven sport in the province, the lifeline of Ball Hockey lies within the generosity of the community in donating time, skill, and resources to ensure the sport continues to prosper. The Life-time Achievement award is meant to honour those individuals who have continued to provide their talents over many years in making Ball Hockey what it is today.
Nominations will be accepted for the following 2 categories; Player/Athlete or Builder.
Athlete: An individual who has excelled at the sport as either a competitor or participant.
Builder: An individual who has showed a commitment and passion in the sport through; promotion, development and advancement.
Volunteer of the Year Application
The Volunteer of the Year will be presented to someone who has made a significant contribution to Ball Hockey on a volunteer level. This deserving individual is someone who has gone above and beyond in developing, guiding and promoting ball hockey; someone who is making an exceptional contribution to the present and future of Ball Hockey in NL.
Illustrate in detail, with specific examples, how the nominee has proven him/her self as a volunteer leader with ball hockey.
• Development of new initiatives, policies and/or procedures and how it has affected Ball Hockey. (be specific and provide details);
• Volunteer lead projects that have resulted in development within the organization (be specific);
• List of all volunteer duties and indicate positions of leadership;
Questions to consider when you nominate your volunteer:
1) Why are you nominating this person? What inspired you to nominate them?
2) What does this nominee do that’s makes them an outstanding volunteer? Provide specific examples on how this volunteer has positively impacted ball hockey. This may include: leadership, increased membership, time commitment, impact of service, etc.
Nominees must be a member of NLBHA